Car MOT Manual 2012 onwards
Body, Structure and General Items - 6.8 Driving Controls
Vehicles fitted with a smooth clutch pedal pad that from manufacture did not incorporate grooves or the fitting of an anti-slip material should not be subject to failure.
The provision of a pedal rubber that is itself an antislip material is not regarded as a Reason for Rejection if the design pattern is worn smooth.
a. functionally complete
b. not cracked, fractured or excessively corroded
c. not obstructed or impeded in their travel
d. positioned so that they can be satisfactorily operated without impairing proper control of the vehicle
Note: Unless certain of the function of a control, the advice of the driver must be sought before it is operated.
2. Check that the drivers area is free from rubbish or other items liable to interfere with the proper control of the vehicle.
3. Check anti-slip provisions on the clutch pedal pad.
4. Check that a means of stopping the engine is provided and functioning.
a. functionally incomplete
b. cracked, fractured or excessively corroded
c. obstructed or impeded in its travel
d. positioned so it cannot be operated without impairing proper control of the vehicle
2. Presence of rubbish or other items likely to interfere with the proper control of the vehicle.
3. Anti-slip provision on clutch pedal pad missing, loose or worn smooth.
4. A means of stopping the engine not provided or inoperative.