MOT Inspection Manual Menu
Front & Rear position lampsSteering ControlBrake ControlsBrake SystemsSecuritySteering SystemHeadlightsBrake PerformanceWheel AlignmentSuspension & Wheel BearingsHorn (Audible Warning)Front Suspension & Wheel BearingsStop LampsRear Suspension & Wheel bearingsRear ReflectorsWheel Alignment (Solo machine)Direction IndicatorsWheelsHeadlamp AimTyresBasics
|Method of Inspection||Reason for rejection|
Security of attachment
1. Check the side car attachments to the motorcycle and ensure that all fixing devices are in place and secure.
2. Attempt to move the side car in relation to the motorcycle to check for security of attachment.
3. For 'leanable' side cars check the operation of the attachment pivot Joints.
Insecurity or abnormal wear or play in the side car attachment.
2. Any attachment between the side car and motorcycle missing or not fully secure.
3. Excessively tight, worn or deteriorated pivot points or bushes on a loanable' side car.
|Issue Date July 2001|
Reproduced from the MOT Inspection Manual by kind permission of THE VEHICLE INSPECTORATE.